Tips to Limit Aging Skin
If you’re looking for the best Murray Hill dermatologist make sure to contact Dr. Ritu Saini, and the staff at NY Medical Skin Solutions. Despite being one of the most popular dermatology practices in all of NYC, NY Medical Skin Solutions provides patients individualized attention as well as a one-to-one consultation, making sure to address each and every one of your specific needs. The most popular Murray Hill dermatologist in NYC, one of Dr. Ritu Saini’s main specialties is in anti-aging and helping patients to limit the signs of aging as well as premature aging. Aging skin is a problem that we all will face one day or another, as no matter how hard we may try, age catches up with us all. It is also the product of any number of different factors, from sun and environmental exposure (sun, wind, rain, snow, smoke, fire, or pollution), lifestyle factors, and genetics. Here are some of the most important tips Dr. Ritu Saini, the Murray Hill dermatologist of NY Medical Skin Solutions, recommends to all of her patients.
- Avoid Sun Exposure – Nothing will help prevent aging skin more than less sun exposure. UV radiation breaks down important compounds beneath the skin’s surface like collagen and elastin. These compounds are vital to keeping skin hydrated and appearing youthful.
- Weight Loss – Excess fat, poor diet, and lack of exercise are all contributing factors to poor, or aging skin. The extra weight pulls down on you making you look fatter and your skin looking looser.
- Quit Smoking – For smokers, it is highly recommended to quit. It deprives your body and your cells of oxygen, and releases skin damaging free radicals.
- Stress Relief – Elevated stress and cortisol levels damage all of your organs, including your skin. Dr. Saini recommends her patients read, relax, meditate, exercise and try to keep their minds clear and happy. It goes a long way.
- Less Alcohol – alcohol causes dehydration, which causes your skin to dry out, get flaky, and appear older. It also causes wrinkles and fine lines, a strong sign of aging skin.
- Low Glycemic Diet – Eat more fruits and vegetables, also whole grains, and lean proteins. Cutting out sugar is one of the best things to do for your skin.
- Sleeping on Your Back – Dr. Ritu Saini recommends this little-known fact to her patients. The Murray Hill dermatologist asserts that sleeping on your face can cause a buildup of bacteria on your pillow, and also constrict blood flow and oxygen at night, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Moisturize –Skin is constantly drying out and it is important to moisturize as skin can crack and become flaky.
If you’re looking to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ritu Saini contact NY Medical Skin Solutions today.